Get The Scoop Muskoka! Subscribe to Muskoka Post and our digital newsstand will make its way directly to your inbox. No registration required with zero article limits. Read to your heart's content and get the latest scoop with our Muskoka content.
Muskoka Post Staff
The Pines Long Term Care home in Bracebridge is hiring. Like all areas of healthcare, COVID-19 has put additional pressures on Long-Term Care (LTC) homes across the province including the Pines.
“We are very fortunate that our residents and staff at the Pines continue to stay safe and healthy during this very challenging time. Our residents, family members and staff have all come together to maintain the positive, caring and safe home and work environment that the Pines has always been recognized for.
Things are different right now, but we are finding new creative ways to connect and support each other while continuing to work safely at the same time. This is the time where you can make a difference,” wrote the long term care facility in a Friday April 17 press release.
The home said they have stayed ahead
of the curve to keep the Pines’ residents and staff safe. The following measures have been implemented:
· Access to the home is highly controlled and all staff and essential visitors are screened when entering the home.
· New provincial regulations require all employees at the Pines only work at the Pines – and may not work at other LTC homes and people who work at other LTC homes are not able to work at the Pines. These measures were put into place at the Pines two weeks before the provincial requirements were announced.
· Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) supply necessary to protect staff, essential visitors and residents. Staff and essential visitors are wearing masks at all times in the home. This measure was put into place at the Pines two weeks before the provincial requirement was announced.
· Increased COVID-19 testing is now available across the Province and staff and residents at the Pines remain a priority group for testing if needed.
The Pines has also taken extra steps beyond provincial directives to be prepared.
· Staff uniforms are washed at the Pines to avoid the need for staff brings items home.
· A special isolation area been set up in case the need arises to protect residents and staff should an outbreak occur.
· To help minimize risk, no new admissions to the home are occurring at this time. As well, staff that not directly involved in day to day operations at the Pines have been relocated to work offsite or from home.
What is it like to work at the Pines?
· The Pines is a special place. Once you visit it for the first time you immediately feel at home. Staff and residents are connected to each other and an atmosphere of fun, friendship, caring and support is everywhere.
· The Pines is part of the District Municipality of Muskoka, which has over 600 staff working in many essential services including Muskoka Paramedic Services, Public Works, Community Services and much more. Joining the Pines as a staff or volunteer makes you a part of the District staff team too, with many opportunities to grow your career and connect professionally and socially with the rest of the corporate team.
“We are hiring for many positions right now at the Pines. Please consider joining our dedicated and caring team today. By working or volunteering at the Pines you will make a real difference in keeping our most vulnerable of our community safe and healthy – and be part of a fun, caring and positive team at the same time. View Opportunities and Apply Today.”