MUSKOKA - Five quick news and information tidbits to keep you updated on what’s happening in the region of Muskoka.
1. The Gravenhurst Fire Department tweets a warning regarding the charging of mobile devices following a close call.
“Another near miss this week with a charging PED - this one a laptop left to charge its battery on a pillow... Fortunately, a fire alarm activated alerting everyone to the fire that was about to break out!
Please charge these devices on a flat, hard surface (battery side up).” - Gravenhurst Fire
2. The Gravenhurst Splash-pad is now open! Soak up the last few hot days of summer at the Wharf.
3. In partnership with its area municipalities, the District of Muskoka is developing a Waste Management Strategy to discover new ways to reduce the amount of waste we produce through further reduction, reusing, recycling, and composting. To view the session schedule for each municipality please visit the District of Muskoka website.
4. The Muskoka Lakes Association is looking for any local businesses that are interested in placing a food donation bin at their location as they are collecting non-perishable items for the Gravenhurst Salvation Army food bank. The campaign will run Aug31-Oct15. For information please contact 705-765-5723.
5. On Wednesday, Aug. 28 at Kerr Park Bracebridge will be welcoming 7 Northern Ontario School of Medicine students and future doctors who will be completing their clerkships in Muskoka hospitals and medical facilities.